Sunday, October 18, 2009

A lovely weekend indeed...

Saturday started out with a mad tidy up for a "just in case" open house, then Swift Jim and I dropped the big kids off at Grandma & Grandpa's house so we could spend some quality time together at the Handmade Expo. I picked up a few beauties, but the best thing was from Bubba Chenille... It was the last stall I visited, and there hanging on her rack of goodies was this little cherub...
Now I must admit when I saw it on Bubbachenille's blog I thought it was a kids skirt, and of course had Ella Bella in mind.... but no no NO, it is infact an ADULTS size skirt, and low & behold, an adults size skirt in MY size!!! WOO HOO!! Very excited about that! So I grabbed it and very proudly wore my new wardrobe addition to church this morning! It was lovely to meet Leisa, Micky and the gang from Handmade Heaven too...
Then at lunch time we headed to Ella's kindy's 30th Birthday celebration. there was a jumping castle, face painting, ice-creams, the kids sang some songs and we watched the mayor (and the kids) plant a new climbing tree. (The previously adored climbing tree died last year & had to be removed. It was very sad). It was a lovely afternoon. The kids had fun & it was really cute watching Ella sing some songs with her class mates.
[ I will insert a photo here once Swift Jim gets home and can figure out why it's not working for me ]
Then today after church we went to a friend's place and had pies for lunch. It was great to catch up with them!!
And now after all that I can relax a bit in my own house because I dont have to worry about strangers trapesing through the house as prospective buyers :) No more open houses!

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

So you still had an open house when there's a contract signed?

Givinya De Elba said...

We had 2 Open Homes after our contract was signed. The idea was to get contact details of other interested people if the original contract fell over.

Sigh. I know EXACTLY who you mean when you said "we went to a friend's place and had pies for lunch." We used to do the exact same thing with the exact same friends.

Missing you all so much, thanking God that we feel so at-home in our new church and have some new friends. Not to replace You or the Pleasant Pastries People, of course, never! Just to make the move less difficult :)

PS: to the Friends, sorry I just called you the Pleasant Pastries People.

Micky - Handmade Expo said...

It was sooooo great to meet you at the Expo on Saturday and that gorgeous skirt from Bubba Chenille went to such a great home...

Hope to see you next month...

Micky
xxoo

bubbachenille said...

So great to meet you and so glad the skirt is perfect for you !

Mrs Button said...

Sorry I missed you on Saturday. Will check out the shop on etsy. Oops was not the first word I thought of when I saw the rug! Lisa.