Friday, October 3, 2008

Organising a party...

For my soon to be 3 year old.
When Chestnut Cheeks turned 3 we threw him a party. It was fun, we hired some toys & borrowed a jumping castle. All the kids had fun.


I dont think I can borrow the jumping castle again and the place I hired the toys from before doesn't do it anymore.
How on earth am I going to entertain 20 odd children for 2 hours!!! I have done some ringing around.... to hire toys from somewhere else, $200. To hire a jumping castle, $250. To hire a face painter, $150.
GAh!! I dont know what to do. Three year olds dont really 'get' the party games!!
Oh! ANd my soon to be three year old is the little baby tring to climb onto the jumping castle! Where did that time go?

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I have no clue how to solve it, but good luck with that.

Givinya De Elba said...

I saw those photos and thought, "That looked like it must have been a wonderful party!! Wish we'd been there, Sonny would have loved it! Why weren't we there?"

And then I remembered. Oh yes, 16 minutes after the party started, I gave birth to Smoochy Girl.

I was seriously planning to be there right up until 90 minutes before the party. That's when I started thinking, "Oooh no, somehow I don't think we're going to make it."

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Go out for the party to a fast food place! Love McDonalds' tunnels.

Unless you're massivlely pregnant and have to climb in after a stuck kid, that is.

Holy kamoley - you do like the bright backgrounds! This one is a little hard to read, but I can get around that by selecting the text.

You're one psychadelic woman!

Swift Jan said...

YOu cant read the text Crazy? :( I made the text brown so that it was more readable! Hmm maybe I need to make it a little darker still?

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

I love the Thomas the tank engine cake in your photos! I may not have kids but I have the woman's weekly childrens birthday cake recipe book. :)