Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A train wreck today!

Well I feel like one anyhow.

Lack of sleep. Late nights for the past couple of weeks. Due to lots of sewing and assembling of IKEA furniture.

Then last night, what a doozie. At 10:45pm Swift Jim & I finally decided to go to bed. As we were brushing our teeth a fight started out the front of our house. A drunk man was hurling abuse at some teenage kid which escalated into a brawl. *thwack* I heard a punch connect with I assume the 15 year old kid. Swift Jim called the cops. As we waited for them to arrive there was more yelling, crying & threats of "I am going to KILL you". Then they all started to diffuse. By the time the police arrived they had all left.
Scary! So I then lay awake for AGES thinking about all the 'what if's' that could happen.
I finally started going to sleep at about midnight, only to be woken by Ella calling out. So I got up and went to her, only to discover she was yelling in her sleep. This happened several times throughout the night. Then at 4:20am as the sun was rising she started yelling;
"No NOT YOU Daddy!!!"
So I went into her room & she was sitting on the floor next to her bed, I asked her what was wrong? She replied with " I didn't want Daddy to brush my teeth!" I said, "he didn't, I did it"
She said " NOOOO at our OLD house". Then promptly climbed back on her bed & went to sleep again....
I also climbed back into bed & went back to sleep... for a little while.

I wish I could sleep til midday...

3 comments:

Micky - Handmade Expo said...

Oh no... the sleep talking - don't you just hate that... you soooo think they are awake but they are oblivious to the whole thing. It's such a shame that people like that have to put people in their own homes on alert. We had that at the back of our house once and I had to ring 000 because I swear I heard a gun shot - next minute there are police swarming the area, wearing vest and handling dogs - needless to say we stayed at the in-laws that night. So completely understand.

Hope you get some rest today.

Micky
xxoo

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh my dear. I hope you can get some decent rest soon!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Aand is it as hot down your way, therefore sleeping is hard at the best of times?

Hoping and praying for good sleep for all the family tonight.