Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa Gifts....

How do YOU deliver them? Or should I say, how does SANTA deliver them at your house?
Our kids have Santa Sacks. They have kind of become family heirloooms. Chestnut Cheeks' used to be his Dad's and before that it was his mum's.
Almond Eyes' used to be mine. That's as far back as it goes so far...
Last year I was worried that CC's sack would rip if I tried to stuff all the gifts into it so with permission from my mother in law I got creative. I cut out the picture on the sack & sewed it onto a bigger stronger sack, then embroided her name & birth year, Swift Jim's name & birth year and CC's name & birth year all on the back. There is plenty of room for more names.
I also did the same with AE's, except there is only two names on it so far :D

Do you wrap the gifts that go in the sack/stocking?
When I was growing up my Mum didn't wrap them. They just went in unwrapped, but SJ's mum did wrap them. I decided to wrap our kids. More fun that way...
For the first couple of years I used to wrap them in santa-y type paper. But you can never get the same each year. Then last year I read somewhere a GREAT idea...
Now I wrap the Santa gifts in brown paper. It's easy to find & it can be the same every year. I wanted to get a stamp made up this year with the children's name to stamp onto each gift, but alas didn't think of it again until it was too late.
So I decided to print them up on the computer this year with the intention to aim for the stamp next year before CC gets too much older to remember the inconsistancy there...
I have run out of ink! D'OH!!!!! I may just have to get the old calligraphy pen out. It's been a while!
Where do you put the sacks/stockings for Santa to fill?
Ours go under the tree. Growing up they went at the end of the bed, I however dont want to run the risk of getting caught, so they have always been put under the christmas tree here.

Two sleeps til christmas! Please share your traditions with me :D

7 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I had no idea it was so problematic giving gifts to small children. We don't have to worry about it here. When I was little the presents used to arrive under the Christmas tree. No stockings, no sacks.

Swift Jan said...

Well I guess it doesn't HAVE to be so problematic, I just like to get into the spirit of things :)
I like the simplicity of pressies just under the tree... I should have thought of that LOL

Allegro ma non troppo said...

You're not going to like this, but we don't have a tree, and I try to tell them that Santa is just a fun thing to pretend! They don't believe me. They think he's real no matter what I say.

So "Santa" will be dumping their pressies onto the couch for Christmas morning! Don't worry, I'll find some tinsel and lights for the Christmas Couch. How long do I have? Oh right, one day. yikes.

Givinya De Elba said...

I can't believe my sister doesn't have a tree.

jewelstreet said...

Santa and Mrs.Claus deliver the gifts unwrapped. The little stuff goes in the stocking then the larger stuff goes under the tree or in the tree or around the stocking. Depends on how tired they are.

Love the sack idea!

Femina said...

Santa used to deliver our presents, unwrapped, in a pillowcase at the end of the bed. Not a special Christmas pillowcase, just one from the linen cupboard. Gifts too large for the pillowcase sat at the end of the bed.

I don't have kids, but I have to say I wouldn't recommend this method - it leads to children waking at 1.30am, running into their parents' room and shrieking "Santa's been!!"... and then switching on all the lights and wanting to look at/play with all their presents!

Swift Jan said...

Dont worry Femina, last year CC woke at 4am yelling the same thing even with wrapped gifts lol!