Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fired!

Remember my excitement a few months ago when I recieved my new job? It has been a great job, one that I have been enjoying very much!

Yesterday my friend who also works there full time got fired :( Not because she was naughty or anything, but because the boss can no longer afford her. It's very sad.

She found out 2 days before christmas! How rude is that!

Now I dont want to work there anymore, and besides I wouldn't be surprised if she asked me not to come back too.

It's christmas Eve & I feel crap :(

6 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Oh that is awful. I got made redundant on the 16th Dec one year and I thought that was close to Christmas but this is even worse. Your poor friend and poor you.

I must say when I was let go near Christmas it took me ages to get another job because everyone was closed over the holidays but when I did get a job it was much better than the one I had. I only hope the same happens to your friends.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm so sorry. It looked like such a good place to work. And I know what you mean, even if your job is safe it takes away from the fun of working there once something like this happens. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I hope things work out really well for your friend and for you.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh no! Now I will have to find ANOTHER hairdresser! Well, I suppose I will have to anyway, with the moving. But I was half-planning to come down to you (or your friend) for haircuts even aftter the move - it's such a good place! I'm really sad for you and for her. Couldn't she have reduced your friend's hours first?

Clare said...

So sorry to hear about your friend losing her job, and so close to christmas, that is just awful.

I hope she is still able to enjoy the holidays and that a window opens for her real soon :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I hope she has a good relax, then finds a kick-ass job elsewhere.

Dee said...

How terrible for your friend, I hope she gets a new job quickly