Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My big boy...

Started Prep today! His first day of big school!

Chestnut Cheeks was very excited, he woke at 5am!! Daddy however made him go back to sleep...phew! Otherwise he would be very tired this arvo!
He seemed a little reserved when we arrived, he didn't know many of the kids because most of his friends were in other classes. But there were a couple of familiar faces, so that helped.
I had to choke back tears a few times. Especially when other mums asked how I was doing. But I made it to the car before bawling my eyes out!
Today I am not sad at all, and yet I keep tearing up when ever I think about my baby boy dressed and ready in his school uniform!
I wonder how he is going?

9 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I remember the day when we got the text message! It said, "Pitter patter, pitter patter ... [CC's real name] was born today, weighing ...etc"

I can't believe I've been friends with you for SO LONG that he's now in Prep! I won't tell Nat, he will be SO jealous!!!

I rang this morning to cancel Nat's kindy because of our move. I have spent ages bawling my eyes out. We were both looking forward to kindy SO MUCH.

A hard day all round.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, isn't he such a big boy. I hope he comes home with such a lot of tales to tell. And all the best prayers for Mummy who has to let her little boy go to big boys school.

Swift Jan said...

((hugs)) givinya, a hard day indeed. Praying for you...

Jen I am hanging out for 3pm so I can hear all the tales. I so hope he had a good day!

Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

I remember feeling bereft when my boy started pre-school (only 2 and a half hours a day). He couldn't have cared less, he was very chilled about the whole thing.

Givinya De Elba said...

Thanks for the hugs. Love to you all. Love your blog. Keep blogging, silly.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Good luck getting any info out of him about his day...

Isn't it fun! We're school mums!

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

He is so cute!

Dee said...

Aww, hes so cute, and his uniform fits too - my girl swims in hers, but so do most of the others, I'll havde to get onto my prep post soon..