Friday, August 8, 2008

Fuddy Duddy

Tonight I feel like an old fuddy duddy.

Well, lets face I have felt like that for a while now, but I got a blow this evening which infact confirmed it for me.

I recieved a text message from my sister in law (my hubby's sister) , who is quite hip & young.
She was asking " Are you going tonight? Coz I wasn't sure if you knew the time had changed?"
I wasn't sure what she was talking about exactly, but I had a feeling.....
So I asked "where to?" And recieved a reply.... "Bride to be's [my BIL's fiance] Hen's night!"

I wasn't invited.

5 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

OH NO! Never ask if someone's going to something unless you KNOW they're on the guest list!

You and me, SwiftJan, we'll stay at home and knit cardigans and polish our dentures. We'll be fine.

Swift Jan said...

Sounds like a plan!

Adelaine said...

Aww Open mouth, insert foot for your SIL!!!

(Popped on her from The Crazy Sister....is that really her name, cuz that is crazy!)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Dear Swift Jan, Thanks for being my first commenter who wasn't an existing friend who HAD to leave a comment on my blog.

By the way, you don't look old enough to have a 4 year old; look better with make-up on; or not be invited to the young, hip party.

Swift Jan said...

Thanks guys!
I am pretty well over it now! And thanks Jen for your kind words about being young! Thats nice :)