Friday, August 29, 2008

Chitter Chatter

My children speak.
They speak VERY well and have done so since before their 1st birthdays.
Now usually one would be very pleased with this arrangement as it makes for better communication and less tantrums (so I hear).

The trouble is, it also makes for more arguments. Arguments between them & me... but more so, with each other....
One trip in the car;


CC: I had weet-bix for breakfast.
AE: I had beet-bix for breakbast too.
CC: No I had them not you.
AE: I did have them for breakbast!
CC: NO I HAD THEM!!
AE: I HAD BEET-BIX TOO!
Me: You BOTH had weet-bix, now please stop fighting about it!
CC: Well I had 2 weet-bix.
AE: I had 2 beet-bix too....

ANd around and around it goes until....
ME: WILL YOU TWO STOP FIGHTING ABOUT BREAKFAST!!!!


Crazy.


But then other times I witness lovely conversations like this;
This conversation happened at 6am one morning a while ago... I was still in bed & Swift Jim was getting ready for work.

AE: Daddy can you get my dummy, it fell down the hole. (side of her bed)
Daddy: No sweetie, its not bed time anymore, you dont need it.
AE: Oh.
AE runs to CC's bedroom. He is still in bed.
AE: CC, my dummy fell in the hole
CC jumps out of bed & runs to AE's room to investigate
CC: Right. [pause] Ok. [pause] AE, I will just get my glasses on and put some undies on then I will get it for you. Ok?"
AE: "Thankoo CC"


Another....Dinner time one night.

AE: " Why the eckos sleep now?" (geckos- we have a lot)
Mummy: " Well they like to sleep during the day AE"
AE: "Even the little baby ones?"
Mummy: "Yes AE"
AE: " Aww coot"


So whilst more often than not, I am going mad with their constant bickering. Sometimes, they melt me....

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

They are just GORGEOUS! "Let me put some undies on!" Aw, coot.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

How beautiful! What cuties. I LOVE it when my kids get on well.

Adelaine said...

How "coot"!