Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's been a while, I know!!

Sorry. Sorry for not updating very often and sorry for not commenting on your blogs.
I just simply cannot think of many worthwhile bloggable things and so I appologise. Also in regards to the not commenting, it wont let me. I have tried many times, but it just keeps logging me out, so I have given up. I do still read your blogs however, so I hope you don't think I have deserted you all.

So let me give you an update on the Swift's....

Me: I now work 4 days a week at an Optometrist. I gave up hairdressing altogether and absolutely LOVE my new job. As a result though I am still learning to juggle working, housework, homework and just doing the mum thing in general. But for the most part I am enjoying it. I am also just over 1/3 of my way to my weightloss goal. I have lost 12kg since february! Yay me!!

Swift Jim: Is certainly very swift these days! He has taken up cycling since losing 22kg earlier in the year and on the weekend completed a 100km bike ride!! So proud of him!

Chestnut Cheeks: Well he is soccer mad. He plays every thursday afternoon in a club and is out in the back yard every spare minute he has kicking the ball around. He also goes to Boys Brigade every friday night, which he loves too. He, me & homework however... BLAH don't get me started!!

Almond Eyes: She is my climber. Always up the tree or on top of the swing set. I enrolled her into Gymnastics last term and again this term, turns out she is quite talented! She was moved up a level after 3 weeks!

Cheeky Monkey: Well cheeky should have been her middle name! She is so cute. Even when she throws firey tantrums, which she does well and often. She is learning all her colours at the moment and when passing an oval surrounded by Jacaranda trees yesterday she exclaimed with much delight "Upple Tee!!!" which translated means, Purple Tree. Now every time we pass a jacaranda tree, she gets very excited. She is also learning how to use a potty at the moment. Not my idea of fun, but one of life's nessesities I guess.

I shall leave you with a picture of Dan and the kids after his big ride on sunday :)

3 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Welcome back! And a big WELL DONE on the weight loss. You're amazing. You should feel very, very proud.

Givinya De Elba said...

Where have you BEEN girl? I have missed you! Don't worry about not commenting - I never keep tally anyway! Lovely to hear what you're all up to without having to hack into my husband's Facebook account to find out :) I so should get on Facebook.

YAY on your awesome weight loss! I have plateaued, but am going to put in a bigger effort this term to break through that. I swam for the first time since Autumn yesterday - I managed the 1.5km in 30 minutes I was doing before I stopped! Which, any GOOD swimmer would tell you is pretty ordinary, but PEOPLE! You have to realise how awesome this is for me! ME! Little old non-running, non-biking, non-going-to-the-gym ME! Making progress is really fun, isn't it?

Hippomanic Jen said...

So good to hear from you. Well done on getting so far into your weightloss goal, and it sounds like the new job is great.

It seems from the photo that some of the bikes got very tired after the 100kms. (they are lying down)