Monday, March 1, 2010

Chitter Chatter

After Kate's post I was reminded of a little conversation that happened in the car on our way home from IKEA the other day...

Let me give you some background info first. My two have often voiced their wish to marry one another a few times. Each time we have explained that brothers and sisters aren't allowed to marry each other and that they will find someone appropriate to marry when they are adults.....

Ella had been very quiet in the back seat of the car. We had been out all day choosing tiles, sinks, windows and taps. I thought she may have been asleep until.....

El: When I get an adult I am going to need a husband.
Me: Well yes when you are an adult you can get married.
El: I need to get a husband so I can have a baby in my girly tummy.
Me: Well yes, you cant have a baby in your tummy unless you get a husband first.
El: Yes. I want a girl baby
...then Connor chimes in...
C: I will have to marry someone else than Ella coz I want to have a boy baby in my wifes tummy. Yep I am gonna get married too....
Me: ok mate.

So cute.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I can't wait to see all our children grow up and marry and enjoy life! Well I CAN wait, I don't want to wish their sweet little lives away. But it's going to be great following them on their journey.

Hippomanic Jen said...

It's so stressful having to start organising for your family when you're 3 or 5 years old!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

They've got it all figured out!